fot

[Fot] TR4 Lemons project for sale - Bay Area

Subject: [Fot] TR4 Lemons project for sale - Bay Area
From: apackard68 at att.net (Andrew Packard)
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2018 21:14:08 -0700
Hello all FOTers,
I am selling the TR4 Lemons race car project since I am likely leaving the Bay
Are and won't be bringing the project with me.  I was the lucky one to have the
project stored at my house so now I'm the one responsible for finding it a new
owner.  The car was bought with an older Rotary conversion that we removed and
it had right wing damage that was straightened to Lemons standards.  The car
could actually be completed nicely with some inner fender work and a new R
wing, but we were just looking for something acceptable for Lemons.  We
actually have an extra inner body shell to provide the inner panel if someone
is interested.

We had the car nicely caged with some extra height for a tall driver.  It has
plates that tie into the body mounts which have been reinforced with pipes
welded into the body mount tubes.  The front suspension has also been
reinforced with welded boxing of frame mounting points and later TR emergency
brake was added on the propeller shaft tunnel.  the rear leaf springs have also
been supported with a control arm.  We have a GT6 motor and transmission fitted
in the car, but front and rear engine mounts need to be finalized.  There is a
rear tube shock conversion, similar to GT6 set ups and there are vented front
rotors with stock calipers with the expansion spacer utilized.  Port and
polished intake, 175 Stromberg carbs and a Falcon header from Moss Europe are
there to be installed.  It currently has 16X7 panasports with aging R888 tires
all around I used to autocross in my TR250, but I'm debating whether or not to
include them (price will dictate).  There is a 20 gallon (maybe 22?) fuel cell
installed with a pricey in-line fuel pump set up purchased from the local speed
shop.   A higher volume aluminum radiator has also been obtained and fitted.
We were looking to make use of a six-cylinder loom to wire the car, but haven't
gotten to that point yet.

I'm posting the car to the 24 hours of Lemons folks I know, as well, but
thought someone in this group might be interested.  I'm not sure of Mark allows
pictures in this forum, but I've attached a poor one in the background of a
heated wall ball game.  I can snap current photos and send tomorrow anyone who
possible could be interested.  Please let me know if there are specific
questions I can answer to anyone with interest.

Andy Packard
415 205 8027
apackard68 at att.net