fot

[Fot] Race Reports please

Subject: [Fot] Race Reports please
From: fmccjr at aol.com (Rick McCurdy)
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2018 11:15:18 -0400
Hi folks,

I was one of the TRs with ?mechanical? problems who had to retire before the
weekend was finished that John referred to. However, mine was totally self
induced- the result of an ?oversteer ballet? exiting turn 10, which resulted in
my car backing into the outside concrete wall just shy of the start finish
line. I had just waved by a group of MUCH faster cars in turns 8+9 and was not
on a very good line at turn 10. Too fast at entry, oversteer, correction, both
feet in, bang. Ouch.

I won?t be joining you on the track in Pittsburgh, but I may come to watch the
fun (once the soreness subsides..).

My trackside neighbors, including John and his wife, were a tremendous help
this past weekend. They were a great comfort to a singleton racer far from
home. Much appreciated.

Despite my difficulties, I enjoyed the weekend and met lots of terrific folks,
both with Triumphs and without.

See you all in Pittsburgh!

Rick McCurdy
Newburgh, NY
TR3 #132 (slightly shorter than before...)

Sent from my iPad