fot

[Fot] Beaten by equipment...Pacific NW edition.

Subject: [Fot] Beaten by equipment...Pacific NW edition.
From: agb at compsnw.com (Alec Buchan)
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2018 17:47:41 -0700
I've got an issue...lots of issues, but this refers to my TR4.

Raced in my first event of the year this past weekend at the Spokane
Festival of Speed (SOVREN)

Car did well but in my third session, going down the back straight, over
a couple bumps, my throttle went wide open 'on its own'. Once back in
the paddock, we found that both front engine mounts had failed and the
engine dropped below the mount on the carburetor side, forcing the
throttle to its maximum position.

These were brand new mounts as one failed at our Fall Finale, last
September in Seattle. Also, these two events are the only events I have
run my 'spare' motor which I picked up in CA last year. Engine seems to
do well but the combination of its torque, combined with the quality of
the mounts, is very frustrating. I tried to take a photo of how it
currently sits, but couldn't focus well enough. I am running the round
mounts,? "Engine Mount Uprated TR4 TR4A (SKU 130985)" from a PNW
supplier. Three mounts in two events is not a good pattern.

Any thoughts or alternatives is greatly appreciated.

Alec Buchan
aka the Blue Caboose.