fot

[Fot] TR4 Lemons race car project restarting

Subject: [Fot] TR4 Lemons race car project restarting
From: apackard68 at att.net (Andrew Packard)
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2017 18:05:32 -0800
Hello from Bay Area:

We have finally restarted our TR4 24 hours of Lemons race car project.
Initially we were going to use a rotary drive train from an RX7, but have since
abandoned that and returned to a Triumph drive train.  Thanks to Jeff Durant,
we now have a GT6+ engine.  We have a 4 speed TR6 tranny to start, but after a
test fitting on the GT6+ engine it's a close but not quite a fit.  The main
concern is that the starter mounting area does not match up.

What are the options for this combo?  Do we need to use TR6 flywheel and rear
engine plate to make this pairing work?  Have other used this?  What
alterations/combos are required to make this work?

Second question:
I do not see two row timing chain and sprockets for sale for the GT6+.  Are the
TR250/TR6 components compatible?

Thanks for the support of the group as we work through our issues to get a 100%
Triumph powered TR4 on the track!

Andy Packard