fot

[Fot] GT6 transmission

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] GT6 transmission
From: damys@charter.net
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 20:29:48 -0400 (EDT)
Looking for advice on a transmission upgrade for the GT6.  I've spoken
with Quantum Mechanics and they offer four options.  Standard GT6 box,
upgraded GT6 box with TR7 gears, a TR6 trans mod and the T9 option.  My
fear with the GT6 option is the constant rebuilding, although I
understand it offers the best ratios.  The best seems to be the T9, but
$3400 is a lot especially considering the other costs of building a
racecar from the ground up
If the T9 is the best, would it be a sound move to go with a lower diff
ratio to be able to utilize 5th gear, or stick with the 3.27:1.
Thanks
Dave and Alex
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com