fot

Re: [Fot] Carb spacers & velocity stack lengths

To: sbarr@McCarty-Law.com, malaboge@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Carb spacers & velocity stack lengths
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 16:48:37 -0400 (EDT)
Full-name: BillDentin
In a message dated 08/28/2014 3:29:19 PM Central Daylight Time,
sbarr@McCarty-Law.com writes:

> What clubs are allowing this sort of mods?  Around here (Nor Cal) the
> clubs
> adhere to the old SCCA rules...isn't that sort of the definition of
> vintage?

Yeah, sort of.  Around here (midwest and points further east) that is sort
of the basis.  The VSCDA embraces the work of our own Jack Woehrle, who put
in a ton of work in  and set up some highly respected standards for what is
legal and what is not in vintage racing.  Some modifications from original
manufacture are allowed based on those old SCCA rules and what was allowed
back in the day and some mods are allowed for safety reasons.  The VSCDA
awards an 'era correct' sticker to race cars that follow those guide lines to
the
letter.  Bob Wismer's TR4 was an 'era correct' TR4.  VSCDA then also allows
for some further modification(s).  You might be assigned a Mod-1 or a Mod-2
sticker depending upon how radical the modifications are.  For example,
Tony Drews car gets a Mod-2 sticker designation for the upgrades past what
would be 'era correct'.

Last fall I got passed by a vintage TRIUMPH.  It went by so fast I could
not read the sticker, but I'm gonna guess it was a Mod-16.

Bill Dentinger
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive