fot

Re: [Fot] Wine

To: n197tr4@cs.com, gasket.works@gte.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Wine
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 16:32:16 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: fot@autox.team.net
Full-name: BillDentin
In a message dated 08/20/2013 3:14:09 PM Central Daylight Time,
n197tr4@cs.com writes:

> Bill Dentinger and Bob Wismer also consistently dispense wine when the
> track goes cold.

We plan to paddock in our 'grandfathered' Beady Eye VINTAGE TRIUMPH Rest
Area spot, directly across from the entrance to the False Grid.  Many years
ago there was a classic Road America Out House facility adjacent to this
choice real estate and no one wanted to paddock there because of its caustic
smells.  We, lowly Triumph racers...put up with it, and Road America put up
with
us.  Until quite recently their official printed Paddock Maps actually
listed the spot as the Beady Eye VINTAGE TRIUMPH Rest Area.  It still smells
there late in the day, but that's adrenaline.  Bob Wismer's really competitive.
 He even has his own Championship Monument at Road America.

Ken Suhre, usually in his yellow MINI, is going to join us for this event,
and will be bringing his ex-Don Brick TR4.  So at least 'car wise' all of
the original Beady Eye TRIUMPHs will be together again in the same tent.  And
we'll all be there...right at the top of the hill.  I think you can see it
from the TRIUMPH ROW garages.

Bill Dentinger
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com