fot

Re: [Fot] Fuel Cell Questions

To: FOT List <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Fuel Cell Questions
From: steve <colordog.1@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 19:36:23 -0800 (GMT-08:00)
I have the ATL "Sports Series" and bought a few upgrades including the aluminum
box and the fancy dipstick.  Don't get the dipstick.  It's black hard plastic
and when you pull it out, the fuel has already evaporated and you can't see the
level!  I would suggest an 8 gallon tank so that you have a little room in the
trunk around the tank.  In my TR3, the spare tire compartment was cut out to
allow the cell to sit down in there, nice and low.

One of the fittings on the top of the cell is for a vent tube.  The tubing
should arc up and then down to the underside of the car so that it can suck air
to replace the fuel that is being consumed.  If the car were to roll, this tube
would then be right-side up and not pour gas.

I am happy with the ATL and the folks there were helpful over the phone.

Another good recommendation, while you have the tank out, is to weld in a
little "intrusion bar" to protect the tank in case you get hit from behind.

~Steve