fot

Re: [Fot] TR3 Diff shim thickness

To: Bob <rdavis4@cfl.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR3 Diff shim thickness
From: Glenn Franco <gaf3@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 19:25:51 -0400
The -1 or +3 engraved on the face of the pinion is used to reference the
difference to the replacement gear.
It really doesn't give you a starting point but more of a reference.
Any good rear end shop will have developed slip fit bearings that they
can use to get the proper pinion depth and ring and pinion tooth pattern
as well as back lash.
If they can't figure it out, you brought it to the wrong shop. It's not
rocket science but the same procedures used for decades.
My 2cents worth
Glenn Franco