fot

Re: [Fot] Supplimental oil feed to head... again

To: patrickmannion1@netzero.net, Billb@bnj.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Supplimental oil feed to head... again
From: fubog1@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 05:22:24 -0400
  Like said in my first reply to the original poster, and has been
mentioned by others, you need to restrict the amount of oil so as not
to fill the rocker box,. If you are sucking it down the intakes, check
stem/guide clearance and/or fit stem seals. Again, it is very simple to
let a piece of plexiglass into an old cover so you can actually SEE how
much oil is getting to the top end.
Another benefit to doing this mod is that it ensures a good supply of
oil to run down to the cam & tappets. Many of these engines suffer from
lack of oil to the top-end & this results in heavy wear to not only the
rocker gear, but the cam & tappets, almost always on the front most
cylinders.
Having been into one or two of these engines over the last fourty
years... I see a real benefit from doing this.
Or OTOH it may be a waste of time & $$...
JMNSFHO,
Glen