fot

Re: [Fot] Racing Goodies for Sale

To: "David W. Riddle" <dave@microworks.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Racing Goodies for Sale
From: "Kramer, Robert" <RKramer@rdoequipment.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 07:36:29 -0600
This is certainly a great suggestion. In CVAR we used to have an
exhibition class where people would get a taste with passing only
allowed on the straights but they cancelled it due to insurance
concerns. There are a lot of reasons why someone would change their mind
about becoming a racer. Getting fender to fender, three or four (or
more) wide, at the end of the front NASCAR straight at TWS, whichs drops
you over the apron onto the road course is a pretty good place to judge
whether this is something you want to do. If you get to do it in the
rain you will know for sure! At our last two CVAR events we had a solo
wreck/roll-over (both big Healeys) totalling out 2 very nice cars. I've
been doing this for 12 years with CVAR and I can attest that it is
extremely rare for a wreck such as this to happen in CVAR. It is much
less than one per year on average. With 6 events and over 100 cars per
event I think we have done fairly well. I wouldn't be surprised if
seeing the results of one of those incidents wouldn't scare off a few
potential racers.

Bob Kramer
Sales Manager
RDO Equipment Co.