fot

[Fot] Subject: Re: Kas Kastner built Vitesse

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Subject: Re: Kas Kastner built Vitesse
From: Guyots3@wmconnect.com
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 20:50:00 EST
In a message dated 2/21/2008 9:26:12 AM Pacific Standard Time,
fot-request@autox.team.net writes:

> Bill, et al:
>
> You might want to check our website _www.svra.com_ (http://www.svra.com)
> from time to time. Everything is  there under "car info".
>
> In your case look at Group 3 and also the SR for TR3-4.
>
> This has not changed significantly since 2001 however. Here is an
> excerpt:
>

> Drive  Train: Standard gearbox may be replaced  with an alternate
> production based gearbox of the same number of forward  speeds.
> Add 75 lbs. to official  weight.
> When replacing a 4-speed w/overdrive unit with a 5-speed, the fifth gear
>
> must be lower numerically than 1:1.
> Live rear axle unit may be modified or replaced so long as the track
> dimension, brake size and type is not changed.
> Differential may be have a limited-slip device or be  locked.
> Flywheels, clutches, driveshafts, axles, universals, CV joints, hubs and
> all gear ratios are free.
> Jack  Woehrle

This IS an interesting thread, I am surprised that the Candybox Vitesse is
allowed AT ALL, especially with all it's rear axle and rear drive
modifications.
Are the Triple sidedraught Webers really allowed?

Just curious.

I KNOW one thing, that nasty triumph tune alloy rocker box/valve cover is
most certainly NOT original and really spoils the underbonnet authenticity for
me, and anyone who knows anything about triumph tune, (lower case deliberate).

And, why would anyone want to remove that sweet 2.0L six with it's square
76mm bore and stroke, and replace it with that stroked 2498cc unit in the
first
place?

It is well known that the 2.0L is a better revving and all round nicer unit
than the 2.5L unit.

(no offence intended to TR6 owners btw)

Lion   </HTML>