fot

RE: [FOT] KN Wheel

To: "Gary" <vintage.racer@comcast.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [FOT] KN Wheel
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 11:45:40 -0700
Gary:

Pretty much what Henry said.

SCP in England is the manufacturer. The wheels are known as KN brand or
Minataur brand or under the generic Minilite replica.

There are two types of 15 J wheel castings on the market with the TR
bolt pattern, so before ordering from a vendor or private source make
sure you know what you have.

The early TR wheels (also used on MGA etc.) had a tapered lug nut seat
and may have ET20 stamped on the inside. I think this probably means
+20mm, but have not had a chance to measure it.

These wheels required a spacer to clear the TR6 brake calipers.

The second type of 15 J wheel uses a sleeve type of nut with washer.
This is required because the center of the wheel is thicker to provide
additional offset to clear the TR6 caliper without spacers. If marked
these would have an ET15 stamped on the inside.

All of the current wheels we have stocked at Moss have the ET stamping
and the Minataur logo, rather than the KN one.

Hope this helps.

Kelvin