fot

Re: Rules, Accidents, and Vintage Racing

To: triumph_marx@freenet.de, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rules, Accidents, and Vintage Racing
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 12:32:16 EDT
In a message dated 7/23/05 2:29:58 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
triumph_marx@freenet.de writes:

<< We here in Germany/Benelux do standing still starts. What about to start a
race like we do? The cars are a lot slower entering the first corner. >>

This reminds me of the olden days when we had standing starts.  I would flame
up a lot of Mini Cooper drivers by blowing past them on the start.  They
would then be all bunched up behind me on the bends, and I would blow them off
again on the straight-aways.  It sounded like I was being chased by a swarm of
angry bees.  I though about keeping a fly swatter and a can of Raid with me.