fot

Re: oil pump and compression ratio info needed

To: SpiwakD@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: oil pump and compression ratio info needed
From: Gary Schneider <garygret@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 12:34:42 -0700 (PDT)
I went through two oil pumps from the normal suppliers in 3 years. In both
cases the flat blade that is driven from the dizzy shaft sheared off, happily
without engine damage but with two DNFs. Greg Solow makes massively improved
modified ones. The several weak points of the original poor design are gone and
I'm very happy with it. Craftsmanship has its price but IMHO I suggest anything
else is a waste of time for a race engine. I also like supporting people who
sweat to improve the breed.

Greg Solow's Engine Room
125 Front St.
Santa Cruz, CA
Phone: 831 429-1800
(no relation outside of respect)

Uncle Jack has built me two engines now with about 12 - 12.5 CR and they've
been good for at least a couple seasons of Prod racing. Serious racer friends
who have run 14:1 and up in the past say they are grenades.

Gary Schneider
#37 wh EP TR4

SpiwakD@aol.com wrote:
I need a new oil pump and need to know if an improved or high-quality unit is
available. Also need to know a recommended compression ratio in a TR3 engine
for a combination of good power and reliability.
Dave