fot

Re: front hub upgrade

To: "Charly Mitchel" <charly@mitchelplumbing.com>, <fot@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: front hub upgrade
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 08:37:27 -0600
Several years ago I was going to do this and I purchased the bolts plus I
had some spacers made to go between the inner and outer flanges. We
subsequently found that putting in the spacers required either machining
the backside of the flanges to make them paralles or selectively shortening
the spacers.   I ended up purchasing aluminum hubs instead. If anyone is
interested in the bolts and spacers, contact me off list and I'll see if I
can find them, and they're yours for shipping and a couple of bucks for
packaging.

At 10:34 PM 12/15/2004, Charly Mitchel wrote:
>A about year ago someone had posted about how they had strengthened the front
>hubs by bolting through the rotor into the hub.  I think it was taped and a
>long bolt threaded through the 2.  Has anyone done this and can you tell me of
>any tricks?
>Charly Mitchel

uncle jack