fot

Re: TR Related, Final Project, Exhaust Headers

To: N197TR4@cs.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR Related, Final Project, Exhaust Headers
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 12:11:27 EST
In a message dated 12/2/04 4:36:57 AM Pacific Standard Time, N197TR4@cs.com
writes:

<< There are so many tube benders out there, I eliminated the flex pipe a
long time ago. >>

My entire exhaust is not flex tubing.  We welded together some solid tubing
for part of the exhaust.  A longer portion than needs to be is flex tubing.  I
mainly used this tubing from Kas's book so that the rocking engine is not
putting stress on the headers and hangers.

<<(Some day I hope to try a chassis dyno....ideally before Walter Mitty)>>

Unfortunately, I have never had my car on a chassie dyno.  Our local guy
finally got into trouble from running his business out of his house -- probably
rattling too many other homes and breaking windows.  He has bought an ex-pizza
shop on Route 88 in Castle Shannon, PA, about one half of a mile from where I
live.  Before he can start up his dyno, he has to build another room onto the
back of this building.