fot

Life as a Racer

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Life as a Racer
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 08:07:55 EST
"LIFE IS NOT A JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE WITH THE INTENTION OF ARRIVING SAFELY IN
A PRETTY AND WELL PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN BROADSIDE, THOROUGHLY
USED UP, TOTALLY WORN OUT, AND LOUDLY PROCLAIMING: WOW.... WHAT A RIDE  !!!"

Richard Taylor and Bill Babcock come to mind here.

I remember seeing some asphalt tatoos and a walk of constant correction
exhibited by at least one of these guys.

(I lost one body part, a couple years ago, but I hadnt left the garage yet)

A stab of the brakes, release of the mainsheet, a flick of the wheel are all
decisions that make the difference between disaster and another day to play.
And they belong to us.   Joe (A)