fot

Re: 6-Cylinder crank damper

To: "Bill Babcock" <BillB@bnj.com>
Subject: Re: 6-Cylinder crank damper
From: "T.R. Scratchings" <wob@dandrade.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 22:06:21 +0100
Dear Bill-
  We're looking at it. The problem is that the damper needs to go ahead of
the crank pulley on the 4-cyls, leading to clearance issues. I hope to have
something sorted out by Christmas - it's just finding the time, and of
course considering the differences between TR-2, TR-4, and TR-4A. It would
probably knock out the ugly thrash throughout the trans at around 4600-4800
rpm with an unsprung clutch plate, which must be wasting power & doing
nothing for the longevity of the trans. I'll post with developments.