fot

Re: Valve Clearance

To: Simon@telephonestogo.ca, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Valve Clearance
From: WEmery7451@AOL.com
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 20:31:10 EDT
In a message dated 5/20/03 10:32:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
Simon@telephonestogo.ca writes:

<< The problem was also there last summer after oversize inlet and exhaust
valves
 were installed with new guides, and the valves set where I had the head work
 done. >>

Unless things have changed down through the decades, we detirmined years ago
that oversized valves in the four banger head is a no no.  Three other guys
and myself were being sly, and installed oversized Chevy valves in our engine
heads.  We all came up with the same results -- a crack in the head between
the intake and exhaust valve in one or more cylinders.  This may not be the
problem.

Kas shows how you can get an effective larger valve by boring under the valve
seat.