fot

RE: Oil - what kind?

To: "'Jack W. Drews'" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Oil - what kind?
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 17:16:45 -0700
Like everything else the answer is: Depends. Econobox or Ferrari. Of road,
race track, or morning commute. If you're talking about a TR3/4 engine for
the race track, I wouldn't use anything but Red Line 20/50. But that's
just me.

I spent an afternoon listening to their chief chemist talk about oils.
Fascinating, though I don't remember much thanks to my increasingly LIFO
memory. But there's some really good information at
http://www.redlineoil.com/whyredline.htm . I was most impressed by how
matter-of-fact a topic that seems so much about magic potions really is.
The guy was very credible. Made me almost feel good about spending a
couple of bucks per quart. My advice--get a case, put it on the visa, and
sign without looking at the total.