fot

maybe a good thing?????

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: maybe a good thing?????
From: "Tom Strange" <tstrange@new.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 15:44:23 -0600
Amici,
  I have just been contacted by a man here who has had a british salvage yard
for several years.
  It seems he has just purchased a "wharehouse" full of parts from an estate.
This is apparently left over from a sizeable business, and now out of
probate.
  He has no idea what all he has yet, but I told him in the next few weeks I
would help for a day or two to move the parts.
  He feels that there will be a lot of TR2 - TR3 parts, including locker rear
ends, maybe some trannys, overdrives etc... condition unknown.  He also thinks
there may well be some spit / gt6 and some tr4 & 6 parts, but really doesnt
know.
  I got the impression he would like some help moving some of it rather fast
and wanted to know if I knew of anyone interested in these parts.
  My take on it is; if anyone wants to send me a wish list, (If and) when all
this happens, I can try to set some pieces aside.  If there is anything anyone
wants, it would be by far best if the parts could be picked up here in
appleton, wi.... however, I know he ships things all the time, and does know
how to do it.... you would be dealing strictly with him.  His name is Chris
Mills, and I know several of you know him.  He has always been decent with me
at any rate.
  I have NFI in this, other than I may pick up some spit parts cheap for
helping him.  If anyone wants to send me items they are looking for, I will
try to help keep my eyes open for them.
  Any questions, please refer to Chris .... 920-833-6534 or
920-660-0281(mobile).  He doesnt always return phone calls promptly, but if i
can help I will.
  Sounds like this may be a good deal for some of us, but you just never know
what you are getting on deals like this, (or if you will even get anything at
all!!!!!!   been there, done that...)
  Anyway.... If anyone wants to send requests, fire away, no promises, no time
frame for sure, and no gaurantees... I'm sure you all know how these things
work....
  Fingers crossed for good deals...
Tom