fot

Re: Spitfire axle conversion

To: matt matthews <mattspit@att.net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire axle conversion
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 20:40:03 -0700
This thread has either been very timely, or a big Jinx!  Yesterday at the
Phoenix monthly autocross, I broke an axle that was modified by Clive
Averill.

The break was at the point where the Rabbit shaft that comes out of the
CV-Joint was welded to the GT6 inner half-shaft.  I was wondering if that weld
would be strong enough for the 240 hp of the Honda engine and now I guess I
know.

Back to the drawing board!
Joe (C)