fot

Re: Hoosier Daddy

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hoosier Daddy
From: Mike Jackson <grandwazoo@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 17:57:09 -0400
Nice report, thanks.  I too have adapted to the Hoosiers and find them quite a
bit of fun to drive.  Took me several weekends to figure out how to make them
happy and quick.  I think it makes the cars drive and look more like they
should with all the drifting and sliding.

You have just the right answer to how to have fun when there's no one to race
with in a particular event.  Sometimes I just set a mental red-line lower than
usual or I'll do a little lift in the middle of a long straight to give the
guy behind a better target.  And it doesnt work just from first place
overall.  If it's clear I aint catchin the guy disappearing up ahead, ease off
and race the next guy behind.  Prize money is all the same and both of us have
a much more satisfying experience.  I learned it from David Whiteside (RIP),
and he never let on when I was whooping and hollering about the great race we
had.  It was a week later watching the video tape that it was clear he was
loafing from time to time to keep it close.

mike jackson