fot

Re: Roll Bar Pickup Points

To: "jaboruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Subject: Re: Roll Bar Pickup Points
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 20:09:58 -0400
Hi Joe,

I hope you didn't get too wet at Pocono! I decided to miss SVRA's event at
Summit Point this past weekend, too much work to do on the car. At least I
stayed dry...

I appreciate the offer to come take a look at your car. I probably won't
get a chance, though.

The guy doing the job wanted me to pull the dash and all the wiring so he
would have unencumbered access. It was a pain but I am now glad I did it.
There were several things I will tidy up upon reassembly.

We decided to leave the outriggers as is. We are going with gusseted frame
extensions in front of the outriggers for the cowl hoop and behind the
outriggers  for the main hoop. Two side intrusion bars on each side. One
diagonal bar from the center of the main hoop base of the passenger side
cowl hoop. And two bars going rearward to pick up the frame as close to the
rear leaf spring mounting point as we can.

Thanks for your input.

I just remembered I owe you a pair of figure 8 gaskets...  Oops! I'll get
right on that!