fot

Re: Early High Port Heads & Figure 8's

To: <BFEKENG@aol.com>, <WEmery7451@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Early High Port Heads & Figure 8's
From: "R. Kastner" <kaskas@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 22:06:29 -0800
I used a lot of those heads and as mentioned just grind away the bottom of
the housing until it clears. I well remember the first time I took .190" off
one of those heads then tried to put it on the block, "no fittee" cause the
housing area was interfering.  Grind grind grind, cut cut cut , okay.
Anyway, the thickness is the same only later the casting was made with the
flat on the bottom of the housing part.   Speed and horsepower never came
without a little daring...... Good luck....