fot

Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance
From: bwarner@mediaone.net
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 21:02:36 -0500
I'd like to extend an invitation to all fot'ers to come to the 5th
Annual Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, March 12 on the grounds of the
Summer Beach Golf Course at the Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island (just north
of Jacksonville on the Ga/Fl line.  We'll be honoring Brian Redman and I
have eleven of his race cars coming including a Gulf 917K, Lola T330,
Lola T-70, the BMW CSL with which he won the 1975 Sebring, two Porsche
908's (a 908/2 and a 908/3), and a 935.  There will be an AACA,
unrestored TR-6 in the British car category, and an unrestored XKSS and
a beautiful D Type Jag.  Additonally, GM is sending a 1969 prototype
mid-engine, aluminum Corvette, which has never been shown at any other
concours (it was supposed to be scrapped, but an enterprising GM
engineer hid the car within GM for 25 years.   RM will hold an auction
of really neat cars (a Ferrari 250LM is the star) on Saturday.  The show
is to raisse funds for Community Hospice for the care of terminally ill
children and adults.  Come by and say "hi".   Bill Warner