fot

Re: Frame colours

To: jonmac@ndirect.co.uk, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Frame colours
From: TRBILBO@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 00:01:57 EST
Jon and Paul,

We build all of our E Ticket race car frames in light grey to help with crack
detection. Works so well we did my son's street car the same way. It works on
airplanes so why not on street cars....especially 30 and 40 year old street
cars. The bright orange streaks which develop from cracks might just save
someone some real damage (or pain). Of course checking every 6 months should
be a part of the routine when you tighten the rear half shaft bolts anyways
per the maintenance manual (or twice a race weekend at the track). Nice to
know the competition department recommended as a meanngful treatment for
safety.....my team thought I was just trying to be different....well ok
there's some of that too. It is pretty that way. Anybody can have it in
black. Ask Henry Ford....smile.

Bill Burroughs
#195 65 TR4A racer....pedaling as fast as I can...