fot

Re: How many are we?

To: jonmac@ndirect.co.uk
Subject: Re: How many are we?
From: "Bill Sohl" <billsohl@smtp.interactive.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 19:05:11 +0000
Jon (and Paul),

I received a similar inquiry from Paul Richardson
by telephone today.  I can offer you the following
information at this time:

Membership in the Vintage Triumph Register
is about 2800 of which about 250-300 are
in Canada and another 100 are spread out in the
rest of the world.

There are three other USA based Triumph clubs.

1. The TRA (for TR-2/3 owners) has a limited
membership of something around 1000 the last time
I heard (several years ago).

2. SIX-Pack for owners of TR-6 and TR-250 has
about the same membership (about 1000).

3. And the TR8 Car Club Association which
has about 300 members.

IF ANYONE HAS BETTER INFO ON THESE
OTHER CLUBS PLEASE CORRECT MY NUMBERS.

Remember too that there is a certain amount of
cross-membership by people that belong to
all the clubs or two or more of them.

Past estimates of the actual number of Triumphs
still about in the USA are difficult to pin down.
I have heard that there was probably between 50,000
and 100,000 Triumphs still about.  Here again, the
numbers can be misleading since some people
(like myself) have several which are properly
licensed for road use.

If I find additional info I will post.

Bill Sohl
Vintage Triumph Register