fot

Re: Race mechanic's wages

To: Paul Richardson <Paul-Richardson@cyberware.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Race mechanic's wages
From: Jeff Snook <jsnook@wcnet.org>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 08:32:13 -0500
Hi Paul,

Yes I have heard of Fred Opert of New Jersey.  He was the importer of a number
of Formula Ford makes including the Alexis Mk 14 that I race today.  He also
sold Lotus, Hawke and Titan.  As a matter of fact he is scheduled to make an
appearance during a vintage race this summer at Gingerman Raceway in Michigan.
There is a "Clash of the Titans" being planned and he is one of the guests.  He
had a great advertising piece in 1969 showing three ready to race FFords
(Alexis, Hawke & Lotus) on their own single axle trailers, each accompanied by
a blonde wearing hip hugger bell bottom pants.  You could purchase either car,
complete with helmet, gloves, driving suit, underwear & goggles for only $4,395
(without the blondes, of course!)  I'm looking forward to meeting him to see if
he remembers what happened to the blondes!!!!

Vroom, vroom,

Jeff