fot

Re: ALUMINUM RADIATORS

To: BillDentin@aol.com
Subject: Re: ALUMINUM RADIATORS
From: bwarner@mediaone.net
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 22:02:27 -0500
BillDentin@aol.com wrote:

> Amici:
>
> We have engines out of three cars.
>
> The TR3 has an aluminum radiator (from England).  It needs attention.  It has
> at least one leak, and it looks like it has been stressed, and it should be
> re-cored.  All the local radiator companies say, they don't do them.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Bill Dentinger
When I restored the Group 44 TR-6, it originally had a Corvette aluminum
cross flow radiator.  After pricing one from my local friendly Chevy
shop, I decided there must be an easier way....and there is.   I'm
learning as I get older, that the NASCAR guys have some pretty good
ideas, and one of them is that they use all aluminum radiators made by
Griffin Radiators in Anderson, S.C.  All you do is give them the
measurements you want, and whether you want a three inch or four inch
thick design.  They cost between $ 400 and $700, and they make a quality
product.  I put the largest one we could accommodate, and on the hottest
race days, I run with the majority of the front end taped or covered up.
If you can't find them in the phone book, e-mail me back and I'll dig
out my receipt and give you their phone number.  They are great to deal
with.  Many of my old Porsche friends (like Brumos) use them for
inter-coolers.  High quality, reasonable (but not cheap) prices.  Bill
Warner