fot

Re: rear axle problems

To: rjl6n@virginia.edu, cak@dimebank.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: rear axle problems
From: DLMAssoc@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 10:37:59 EDT
In a message dated 98-07-28 17:24:51 EDT, rjl6n@virginia.edu writes:

<< It seems to me that Ken Gillanders told me of a trick of shortening
 the top of the tube and rewelding it to get some negative camber at
 the rear.  >>

This may have been what Ted Schumacher was describing to me in Hudson but
which I couldn't visualize, having used up all my limited brain capacity
trying to  understand his "instant" rear disk brake conversion for the TR4...

BTW, thanks to all the FOTers at Hudson... I learned LOTS that I really needed
to know, met a lot of fine folks and even got to drive John's "TR4 from Hell"
racecar.  Wotta car !!!

Ya'll come South in October if you've got the time.  The Southeast Regional
VTR will be held in Ocala, Florida around the 20th or so and I hear that the
autocross is being put on by JK Jackson at the Ocala speedway.  Should be a
great time...

See ya...
Don Marshall