fot

lose 356's in group 2

To: "'Speckman Gary'" <speckman@coredcs.com>
Subject: lose 356's in group 2
From: Alexander Joseph H <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 09:57:11 -0500
Gary,

You are our Group Representative. Perhaps we could have a meeting in the
South Paddock in July.

This seems like a worthwhile point of discussion.

In Mosport they split the cars. If the Sprite or Porsche 356 was on steroids
they moved it to an appropriate group. Pretty pleasant weekend this way.

Unfortunately difficult to administer and not fun when your buddies are not
running with you. On the other hand it is a lot more satisfying when some
Hun isnt peeling the chrome off your door handles with his cubic cash
bathtub. (this should not be taken personally) Really the Porsches are very
well prepared and well driven.

On the other hand, if nothing changes, I am still happy (cop out) Ultimately
"IT DOESNT MATTER!)

I like to think of group two as the kinder gentler group with a higher level
of interest in preserving the cars as they really were. Porsche 356s do not
fit this description generally.

BTW,  at Blackhawk they put them in with the specials, I believe. There was
thunderous clapping when folks realized what had been announced. That was a
vote for change if I heard one.