fot

RE: [Fwd: Re: Summit Point Vintage Race]

To: "'Chris Kantarjiev'" <cak@dimebank.com>,
Subject: RE: [Fwd: Re: Summit Point Vintage Race]
From: Chip Bond <spirals@esinet.net>
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 15:47:19 -0400
Ken Gillanders is taking a batch of axles to a airframe certified
crack-testing shop. He also has some ideas about polishing, peening and
then heat-treating. I fortunatly have not yet had this particular problem
(yet). Maybe the only thing I'm doing differently is using "parts cars"
axles with street use only, because I've trashed so many sets by shearing
the square key.

But I think you are right Chris, new materials and techniques may be the
answer. George Wright had begun speaking with a Richmond VA shop that
builds stock car axles, but couldn't get a commitment regarding pricing or
minimums. So he gave it up. Then he too broke one......

Anyway, I'll volunteer..... show of hands.....anybody interested??

I ran Bridgehampton last weekend. I'm sorry to report to the FOT that I
received a severe spanking by a MGB. Eric Kruger is one very skilled driver
in an incredibly well prepared car. But, as we all know, the TR-4 had all
the grid appeal }}.

Later
Chip