fot

RE: Joe Alexander's picture

To: "'ArthurK101@aol.com'" <ArthurK101@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Joe Alexander's picture
From: Alexander Joseph H <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>
Date: Mon, 5 May 1997 08:01:32 -0500
Art, thanks for noticing....

The car leading  Red #197 into corner #5 is good friend & fellow FOT,
Jack Drews. A piece of information to go with this is that Jack used to
own Red #197 as a resoration project before Sean & I took it over and
completed it as a vintage racer.

Additionally,  Blue #59 factory rallye replicar that he is driving used
to belong to a fellow who managed a restaurant for our family during the
80s. (Small world) Jack's car is truly an award winning car.

I think Jack counted 13 or 14 Triumphs in the Vintage Motorsports
Annual. Prominent also is 'honorary' FOT, Bill Dettinger in his Frog
Blue TR3. Alas, there is also a final picture of Bill Ames in his
Ambro...We continue to be greatly saddened by his death.

Another 'honorary' FOT featured is Larry Rossi from Vermont. Of course
FOT Mike Jackson show's up prominently a couple of times.

There should have been more FOT featured...like Wismer, Dunst, Casey,
Burroughs, Hone, Harkness, Snook, Moore, etc.  .....perhaps next year.

At $30, I resisted my fourth of purchase of this annual, but finally
succumbed....

Later,

P.S. It appears one of the FOT is going "Hollywood" on us as I see that
he is soliciting for a graphic artist for his helmet.