[Roadsters] Head Gasket Replacement

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Head Gasket Replacement
From: John Stromgren via Datsun-roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2016 16:46:00 -0500

--001a1144b8c256176e05412188b2

Hello, All.

It has become apparent that I can't keep putting off replacing the head
gasket - I can see the leaking around it, and we're heading into a nice
long maintenance season up here in New England, so I might as well get to
it.

How much trouble could I get into if I've never done this before?

I will say that I have pulled the engine myself, taken apart the
transmission to get the 5th-gear "neutral" fixed, replaced the clutch, and
got it all back together in good working order.  I have also shimmed the
timing chain to reduce slack.  But I have never had the head off.

Not that hard, or better left to the professionals?

I have always appreciated this list, and the generosity of the members in
sharing what they know.  Thanks.

John
--
John E. Stromgren
SRL311-14061

--001a1144b8c256176e05412188b2

 apparent that I can&#39;t keep putting off replacing the head gasket - I c=
an see the leaking around it, and we&#39;re heading into a nice long mainte=
nance season up here in New England, so I might as well get to it.<br><br><=
/div>How much trouble could I get into if I&#39;ve never done this before?<=
br><br></div>I will say that I have pulled the engine myself, taken apart t=
he transmission to get the 5th-gear &quot;neutral&quot; fixed, replaced the=
 clutch, and got it all back together in good working order.=C2=A0 I have a=
lso shimmed the timing chain to reduce slack.=C2=A0 But I have never had th=
preciated this list, and the generosity of the members in sharing what they=
=3D"gmail_signature" data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature">John E. Stromgren<b=

--001a1144b8c256176e05412188b2--

--===============5043719891376795324==