Re: [Roadsters] Rechroming service

To: Pat Mahoney <dynaguy54@hotmail.com>, John F Sandhoff <sandhoff@csus.edu>, Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Rechroming service
From: Gary and Cindy Ault <aultgc@att.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 19:47:08 -0800
Pat,

I, for one, would like to know your experience with Affordable.  I'm pretty
sure rechroming my 1600 grill cost $200 in 1993.  It is show chrome.  The
difference being, as I understand it, the care which is taken to plate the
stripped metal with copper and polish it out to get rid of all surface
imperfections (e.g., pits) in the piece before the nickel and chrome are
applied.

Paul's was originally selected by the custom refinishing shop which was doing
the body of the car.  That shop was also said there was no need to send the
bumpers to Paul's -- overkill.

Gary