Re: [Roadsters] '69 SPL311 rear wheel cylinders

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] '69 SPL311 rear wheel cylinders
From: "Leonard Sprague" <sprague@jandmcontractors.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 00:29:37 -0400
On Thu, August 15, 2013 9:38 pm, Gary and Cindy Ault wrote:
> YES the various vendors do stock rear wheel cylinders.  Did you bother
> checking first?  NO.  I and others on the List are happy to help those who
> really need it, but I am not going to bother even
> listing the names of suppliers to someone who has clearly done NO homework
> on his/her own.
>
> I blocked you as a sender.

Wow Gary. Really?

I apologize if I offended you or anyone else on the list. It's been
several years since I've been active on the list and lost my roadster
contact list a while back. You'll notice I sent my previous email late
last night (2:39AM EST). Obviously, I wasn't able to call any of the
roadster vendors at that time, nor did I have the part numbers to search
online, so I sent a hopeful email to the list and then searched for the
roadster vendors current contact info with intentions to call around
today.

I was pleasantly surprised this morning to receive responses from Dave
Sommers and Andy Conner. (Thank you again to both of you.) Dave Sommers
was helpful in assisting me in finding the correct Nissan parts numbers.
Today I spoke to 11 Nissan dealerships in the SE USA whose prices ranged
from $112 - $138 each.

Nissan part numbers for rear wheel cylinders:

   #44100-14600 is the 13/16" for the early car (no longer available
through Nissan)

   #44100-25500 is the 3/4" for the late car

I also relocated contact info for the vendors at
http://datsun.org/roadster/resources/parts.html and found physical
addresses from their websites and spoke to many of the following vendors,
whose prices were similar to those of my local dealership.

Les Cannaday
Classic Datsun Motorsports
(760) 940-6365
345 Olive Avenue