Re: [Roadsters] XXR wheels

To: Alexander Wajsfelner <alex@thewajs.org> FILETIME=[A8FFC470:01CE69E3]
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] XXR wheels
From: Dan Kroninger <d_kroninger@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 11:16:10 -0500
Cc: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
You don't have to take much off.  I used a quarter round bit and just took off
a tiny bit.  There are a few posts about it on 311s.org with pictures.  Just
search XXR.  You will need 7/16 thread tuner lugs.  I just bought some off
eBay.  I got a nice chrome set of 20 (4 spares)

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 15, 2013, at 10:02 AM, "Alexander Wajsfelner" <alex@thewajs.org>
wrote:

> Dan, that good to hear since they are half the cost of Pansports.  How much
did you route off, depth and increase in diameter approx. ?  My roadster is in
CA and I'm in MA so I have to figure out what tools I have to bring with me or
I buy them local and do the work here.  Also do I need to change the lugs?  If
so where did you get yours?

> Alex
>
> Please note the new E-mail addresses as of
> 7-1-09:
> Business:  Alex@CBAboston.com
> Personal:  Alex@TheWajs.org
>

> On Jun 15, 2013, at 9:29 AM, Dan Kroninger wrote:
>
>> These are the wheels I run on my 68 1600.  No fender mods are necessary.
You will have to use a router to remove some of the inner edge of the front
rims so they mate to the hubs correctly.  I did it to all 4 for rotation
purposes.  Also, the center caps on the wheels won't fit with the stock front
hubs.  Below is what I run.  I am really happy with this set up.  Looks great!
My roadster is black with a red interior.  I can send you pics if you
want/need.

>> Wheels
>> 114.3mm
>> XXR 513 15x7 (gun metal)
>>
>> Tires
>> 195x50x15
>> Yokohama s.drive
>>
>> 7/16 thread tuner lugs
>>
>> Dan
>>

>> On Jun 15, 2013, at 7:30 AM, "Alexander Wajsfelner" <alex@thewajs.org>
wrote:

>>> Has anyone had any experience with XXR 513 wheels.  I'm looking at a
banana
>>> style spoke like the PanSports in 15x7 with a +15 offset.  I'm getting
info on
>>> the hub bore next week.
>>>
>>> Ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/15-inch-15x7-15-offset-XXR-513-4x100-4x114-3-Gunmetal

-with-Machined-lip-/290917744878?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=i

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/datsun-roadsters/d_kroninger@hotmail.co