[Roadsters] also slightly OT: Have a plan, 40 feels like 40

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] also slightly OT: Have a plan, 40 feels like 40
From: "O'Farrell, Fergus P (AS)" <Fergus.OFarrell@ngc.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 18:56:45 +0000
And along the lines of Tim's "lesson learned",
When I first got my roadster I was very uncomfortable, and willed myself into
thinking that removing the center console would provide more leg/knee room.
I also did not care for the small grip size on the steering wheel, so got a
13" Grant Wheel with a big fat rim on it.
The 13" wheel solved the knee room problem.

I have since put the center console back in, (reupholstered from a pair of
leather pants from the goodwill, but that is another OT story)
but never the heater back in, and here in Southern CA just bundled up.
(note: I am just a bit too tall to drive with the top up, so have done it so
seldom that it is quite dangerous)
And have since learned that I HATE underdash work with a passion.
I "dismantled without a plan".       Lesson:  Don't dismantle without a plan.

So fast forward to this weekend, and the wifey's van charging system took a
crap over the weekend, and on most days "having to take the roadster to work"
is akin to "power outage, have to eat the lobster and ice cream in the freezer
before it goes bad."

Not today.  It was 40 degrees this morning.  Weather channel windchill
estimate says "40 feels like 40".
All I gotta say is, "40 don't feel like 40 when you are going 80".

Still a great way to start the day!
She was a bit slow to start and get warmed up, which I interpret as me being
scolded for not having her out of the garage enough.

Happy roadstering!
Fergus O
Timing chains a-rattlin' in that holiday season!
69 2000

datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive