Re: [Roadsters] !970 Water pump smaller bolts

To: "BARTERDUDE@aol.com" <BARTERDUDE@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] !970 Water pump smaller bolts
From: James Culp <james-culp@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 11:39:48 -0500
Hi Gary,
I don't know the exact size but here's a way to determine it.  Take one of the
lower bolt's and thread it into both upper holes to confirm thread geometry.
Then measure the depth of each hole, add the water pump flange through-hole
thickness and gasket thickness and subtract the length of four threads. With
the lower bolt in hand and these details you can find the appropriate grade
and size.

Sent from VZ iPhone

On Dec 5, 2011, at 11:15 AM, BARTERDUDE@aol.com wrote:

> Somehow we misplaced the two top bolts on the 1970 1600 water pump with
> spacer (no fan clutch).  Anyone got the correct sizing for these  bolts?
Need