Re: [Roadsters] Windshield Washer Squirter

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Windshield Washer Squirter
From: Ronnie Day <ronnie.day@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 08:46:29 -0500
> Paul
>
> Found the pump. Tubing andB nozzel heads seem clean. No action at Pump.B Seems
> like pump or switch.B Hopefully I'll have time to poke around at it this
> weekend.

You need to trace the circuit from the power source through the switch
to the washer pump. A cheap 12 volt test lamp or inexpensive DVM are
great for that. If you haven't already, D/L and print one of Jim's
excellent color wiring diagrams located in the Tech Wiki section of
311s.org. I think Staples charged me $3 to print one 11 x 17 and
laminate it.

Easiest thing to do first is use a couple pigtail wires to connect the
washer pump directly to the battery to see if it runs at all. Unless
you want everything to be OEM you can get a generic pump at any auto
supply for $10 or so.

FWIW,
Ron
Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net