[Roadsters] Rear Axle Bearing - 32x62x17mm

To: " Datsun-Roadsters@Autox. Team. Net"
Subject: [Roadsters] Rear Axle Bearing - 32x62x17mm
From: "MH" <twobeaners@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 10:34:15 -0600
FWIW, here is some entertainment:

I found this bearing that is the same 32x62x17 mm size as the Roadster axle
bearing. It is a crankshaft bearing that is commonly used in Yamaha and some
other brands of snowmobiles and jet-skis. This particular one features a 3mm
roll pin in O.D. to prevent rotation in  aluminum housings.

Further searching of info on this bearing has found  the pin was removed in
order to use this bearing in a motorcycle application. I don't see why this
bearing can't be used on a Roadster as well. I thought I saw this bearing
somewhere, without the pin, but I'll have to keep looking through my search
files. I also believe you can get seals for it.

Part#: 11-1774
BEARING #: 83548D-9, SIZE: 32x62x17,
OEM#: Yamaha: 93306-20617/20620
SPECIAL FEATURES: 3mm roll pin in O.D.
Price: $16.60

http://s15106.50belowcommerce.com/productdetail.htm?productId=7365985

Scroll down to the 5th bearing listing:  Part#: 11-1774

Mike Hudson  '67 - Stroker / 5-Speed

http://www.team.net/archive