Re: [Roadsters] valve spring removal tool

To: "Tim Waltz" <printner@att.net>, "'Datsun Roadster Mail'"
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] valve spring removal tool
From: "Gary and Cindy Ault" <aultgc@att.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 19:48:09 -0600
Tim,

On or off the motor?  Off the motor there are a variety of tools available.
Google "Valve Spring Compressor" and look at what Sears has for $19.99.
Other, similar tools are available from any good auto parts store.

On the motor is a different matter.  You need to figure a way to keep the
valves from falling into the motor when you remove the keepers.  There may
be something on 311s.org, as the subject has been discussed on this List.

Gary