Re: [Roadsters] door glass rear rail replacement

To: "Datsun-Roadsters@Autox. Team. Net"
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] door glass rear rail replacement
From: "Tom @ Datsun2000" <tom@datsun2000.com>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 01:29:27 -0700
Jeremy,

I found my rear glass guide laying in the bottom of the door.

The angle brackets that mount the guide to the door are held in place by two
phillips head screws you will find on the end of the door.  These brackets
have a nasty habit of breaking off at the hard 90 degree bend from the door
to the guide.

In my case I used a triangle magnet to hold the two halves of the mounting
bracket together and welded them back together.  Once you do this (I might
even suggest welding the brackets that have not broken yet) your rear glass
guide will stay in place.

The bend in the bracket is a very hard 90 degree bend with little or no
radius in the bend.  There is a lot of stress on the metal.  Vibration
breaks the metal at the bend.  Welding the bend will relieve the stress and
make the part stronger than it was to begin with.

Tom
69 2000 - Mr. Hyde
Portland
http://www.datsun2000.com