Re: [Roadsters] New Transmission in, now a few questions

To: aultgc@att.net, hoon@pixar.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] New Transmission in, now a few questions
From: jrdmf@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 16:47:40 -0400
There are only two ways to change the calibration on the odometer. The first is
to install?bigger or smaller wheels?or tires and the second is to change the
pinion gear?in the trans. The direct drive setup dictates?the speed of your
cable?and your?odometer?so they?are not capable of increasing or decreasing on
their?own. The odometer assemblies?do occasionally fail?but?when that
happens?you?are more likely?experience a dead odometer than?you are an
erroneous one.?On the other hand,?the pointers on both your?speedo and your
tach can and will change?over?time but those changes are brought on by wear and
tear that?take years to accumulate so any reputable overhaul should last you
a?minimum of?10 years.

Hope it helps

Jon