[Roadsters] rough running H20 after head gasket change

To: roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] rough running H20 after head gasket change
From: steven boortz <vociferouschicanery@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 20:30:04 -0700 (PDT)
hi everyone
last weekend i discovered that i had a blown head gasket on my H20 (gary boone
eDizzy, 44PHHs, cam, head work, etc).  after a week of chasing parts (thanks
dean apostle and thanks stan chernoff!) and services (thanks mark degroff!,
who's not on the list, but i still wanted to thank), the head is back on and
it's all put together.  i adjusted the valves once, when cold, before start-up.
 the thing is, it's running like crap.  it's very rough at anything above idle.
 i thought i had a timing light, but i guess not.  but no matter where i
position the distributor, it does not improve.
anyone close to highland park (northeast los angeles) that would be willing to
trade some lunch tomorrow for some of their expertise?  i would really
appreciate it.  i was supposed to be at the track this weekend, but the
headgasket put me way behind.  any help is greatly appreciated.
thanks in advance
steve
675MIZU