Re: [Roadsters] early 67 roadster wiring question

To: Datsun Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] early 67 roadster wiring question
From: Daryl Smith <drlsmith@dccnet.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 13:33:43 -0700
Actually, to handle the 30 amps that the alternator puts out, it has to be
at least a 12awg. Normally for that amperage I would install a 10 awg, but
for some reason in automotive wiring it always seems to be a gauge or 2
smaller than I expect. Perhaps this has something to do with it being DC? or
short runs? or both.......

If doing it for myself I would install a 10 awg wire. And yes it is the same
size as feeds to the ammeter.......

Daryl