Re: [Roadsters] lower a arms and spindle nut size

To: "Tim" <tputland@charter.net>, "datsun-roadsters: autox.team.net"
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] lower a arms and spindle nut size
From: "Gary and Cindy Ault" <aultgc@att.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 20:33:36 -0500
Tim,

I assume you are referring to the large bushings which thread onto the lower
link spindles, and have the zirc fittings in them.  If so, they're 1-3/8
inches.  (They measure 1.32 across the flats, so an 1-3/8 socket will do
fine.)  Since these bushings are a press-type fit into the lower A-arms
(they're pulled into place when the bush is threaded onto the spindles), so
you'll probably need a torque wrench to get them off.

Bubba,

Are you out there?  Please weigh in on this one.  I've only been told heard
how these are assembled/diassembled.

Gary