Re: [Roadsters] early 67 1600 won't run

To: Paul Bauman <plhbauman@earthlink.net>, Autox
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] early 67 1600 won't run
From: Daryl Smith <drlsmith@dccnet.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 22:09:43 -0800
Paul is correct.
What it comes down to is the Pertronix requires a minimum amount of
resistance in the circuit. Whether that is made up of a coil and ballast
resistor, or just the coil doesn't really matter. I don't know what that
minimum resistance is tho.......

I don't know if the higher resistance coil would work properly with points
and NO ballast resistor......?? but logic points to the fact that it
might........But I wouldn't risk it.....

Daryl

From: "Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>